HELP WITH PAY STRATEGY

Get the latest updates from QC including new partnerships, course updates, and job opportunities.
ArielCC

HELP WITH PAY STRATEGY

Unread postby ArielCC » June 1st, 2018, 5:35 pm

Hello,

I have a meeting with a potential bride on Monday. I am wondering how I approach the pricing. I want to do it hourly because I am unaware how long it will take me to do certain things. However if she says she has a budget and that only allows for a certain amount towards her planner how do I know what to set aside and not spend.

Do you have any suggestions.
KeiaW

Re: HELP WITH PAY STRATEGY

Unread postby KeiaW » June 1st, 2018, 6:07 pm

I would like to know the answer to this as well to have a better understanding. I also decide to go ahead and research your question. A wedding planner has different types of packages:

Consulting which is charged by the hours. Consulting package is simply helping the bride out like helping her choose the right color, vendors or design ideas.

The next package is the day or coordination which is helping out with making sure the bride wedding day become a fairytale, making sure the vendors arrive on time, setting up, etc this package is charge by just that day.

Lastly is the full-service wedding planner, which is in charge of everything from the beginning to the very end, this package is charged by your FULL service of helping to the beginning to the very end and not hour or that day. This package is expensive because it may take months or years to plan her dream wedding.

As a wedding planner it is important to see what the bride wants and not just what she wants for her wedding but what kind of package does she need. She may not need your help from beginning to end, she might just need you for the day of her wedding or she might need your full service because calling vendors is stressful to her. Once you sit down with her and figure out what she need then you explain the package she picks such as the price and what you have to offer.

My idea of going about this is that since I am a new wedding planner I would offer my services for free for only 2 brides to get a nice profile and review going then began to charge my clients and not a lot either since I am still new. I know that depending on the location you at is how much you should charge. If you live in a small city and you are new to the wedding industry you do not want to charge someone $1,000 for your service unless you are a really famous wedding planner.

I hope it is ok to put a website on the forum but I got the most information from the website below.
http://www.theweddingplannerbook.com/ho ... ers-charge

I do hope that made sense and help a little
ArielCC

Unread postby ArielCC » June 12th, 2018, 3:28 pm

Thank you, I was hired :)
KeiaW

Unread postby KeiaW » June 13th, 2018, 10:38 pm

Your welcome! And congratulation! :D
AmberRoseJones

Unread postby AmberRoseJones » July 4th, 2018, 2:33 pm

quick question i have just been reading through your questions here
i was wondering if you have started already advertising before you have completed the course if so has no one asked to see if you have any experience or any training when they was hiring yourself ?

Return to “QC Event School General Discussion”